GLYCERIN STRIPS WITH OXALIC ACID
- Strips from fine virgin cellulose yarn
- Pure glycerol
- High purity oxalic acid
What are the straps and what do they contain.
- Cellulose strips. Cellulose is the most widespread organic compound in the world as being a structural polysaccharide of plants is a major feature of the plant cell wall. The long chains of cellulose are bonded to each other by hydrogen bonds, thus forming bundles that in turn are interwoven into very strong webs. Some organisms, mainly plants and animals, have the appropriate enzyme in their digestive system to hydrolyze it so that they can digest cellulose. Cellulose is also important for the digestive mechanism. It promotes peristaltic bowel movement and it helps to cleanse and discharge it, it helps in the development of normal intestinal flora. Recently, attention has been focused on the role of so-called plant fibers, including cellulose, in the prevention of certain diseases.
- Glycerin. Glycerin is called the organic compound propanotriol which consists of three carbon atoms where the first and the last are linked by two hydrogen atoms and a hydroxyl radical, while the secondary from a hydrogen atom and a hydroxyl atom. Its purity is greater than 99.5%. As a substance it is widely used as a raw material in the manufacture of medicines, cosmetic lacquers, in electronic cigarettes as a liquid, as a sugar substitute for diabetics, and it is used in the form of a suppository as a laxative.
III. Oxalic acid. Oxalic acids are widely found in the plant kingdom and not only. For example, they are found in high concentrations in poultry fat, oxalis (nettle) and rhubarb and phagopyrum leaves (type of rye). Other plant-based foods also contain significant concentrations of oxalate such as black pepper, parsley, poppy seeds, amaranth, cocoa, chocolate, berries, beans, nuts and honey.
* MATERIALS ARE PRODUCED IN THE EU. * THE STRIPS ARE MANUFACTURED AND PACKAGED IN GREECE
From the first moment of availability to all, we are with you on every issue across Greece. The biggest help with the product is your feedback to us
How we use them:
- They are placed in the center of the brood, frame by frame; four strips on swarm of bees are hung on both sides of the frame, adjusting also the frame in a straight line (it has been judged as the most effective way). The straps can be used at all seasons of the year. Therefore it is best to start treatment when our swarm is smaller by using less strips in the same way and when it reaches ten frames it should be as clean as possible from the varroa.
- Based on observations from approximately twelve years of use in both Latin America and elsewhere, no problems were observed in the cell from -2 to 42 degrees Celsius.. In the seven years used by us, we have not observed any disturbing phenomena.
ΙΙΙ. No case of overdose has been reported, but it is a weapon in our hands against varroa and should be used reasonably. Each of us finds the right way based on the swarm, the place it moves, the time it spends and saves given that the varroa never disappears. The duration of the effect of the strap exceeds thirty days and can reach forty.
- Any Varroa that enters the cell after treatment remains on the bees’ back for a long time, and is immediately visible without being able to hide in the abdominal rings or cells. We can handle the issue with a strap even if the phenomenon insists; someone in our neighborhood does not cure his bees. However, our bees will remain healthy and productive for a very long time.
* AN EXTREMELY NECESSARY ACTION IS SUGGESTED BELOW
The most useful is to place a 4mm plywood with white painted upper side so that it can easily slip out of the entrance. With our fingers we put over it a light layer of Vaseline (classic). We observe them 1-2 times a week, we clean them, and we re-put Vaseline every time. This is how we see for how many days varroa fall, adults or young. If few adult varroa fall after 25 days, they obviously come from outside. So in this way we can assess the situation in our apiary and in our area and take appropriate action.
- Although the 40 cm strap is convenient for quick placement, in some cases some cells are ruined by touching the honeycomb; along the way the bees will rebuild them, they will put honey in them and the queen will give birth to them again.
- Oxalic acid glycerol strips originated in South America, they were made and tested in a cooperative spirit of scientists and beekeepers to not only cope with the varroa but also to deliver crystal clear honey and wax to the consumer. Today with these strips we manage to have crystal clear honey and wax but also robust and strong bees. They are also used in our country by great queen breeders without mentioning any problems in the creation and evolution of the cells or in queen’s birth. According to reported worldwide surveys the straps in most cases are more than 95% effective.
Maintenance and storage:
- They are kept in a shady and cool place without losing their effect for at least six months from the indicated production date.
- Avoid contact with eyes and keep away from children.